Website Accessibility Guidelines
In an effort to enhance usability for those with disabilities, the Huntley Park District website was developed to actively comply with ADA Accessibility Standards. Further, the city is devoted to maintaining such Accessibility standards as technology evolves and additional needs arise.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the online form below with any questions, concerns, or recommendations regarding the Accessibility of this website.
Following are Accessibility Guidelines by which Huntley Park District website was developed and is maintained
- The standard font used throughout the site should be easily legible by most users.
- Where possible, use plain text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase user-control.
- The site navigation should use plain text instead of images
- Where appropriate, alternative text attribute or 'ALT tags' on all images (a short phrase or description in alternative text)
- Where appropriate, alternative text attribute or 'ALT tags' on all links (a short phrase or description in alternative text)
- Descriptive Title tags on all pages as needed
- Where appropriate, use unique Meta (Information) tags within the code of each page for use by various search engines and 'crawlers'.
- 'Skip Navigation' link at the top of each page to speed up browsing for users with screen readers.
- Offer HTML page alternatives to PDF documents where appropriate.
- Buttons to increase the font size 'on the fly' at the top of each page. Allows the user to increase the font size on a page by clicking a link.
- Comply, where possible, with most standards-compliant web browsers
- Online contact form provided specifically for Accessibility related feedback
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
- Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Google Accessibility (for the Chrome browser)
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
Online Website Accessibility